It's time to clue you in on my new favorite time of year.... birthday time! The little man has always been fun to plan parties for. Starting with the gender reveal and going through his last birthday, they have all been great. This birthday was even more fun than normal though because he was so excited about it. All of the anticipation and watching him get excited about each little thing made it that much better.
We love making treats to bring to his friends at daycare. It was our chance to make something not pirate themed. So we made banana cupcakes instead. Renae, his daycare provider, loves to feed the kids things that are healthy. Of course cupcakes aren't super healthy, but at least these are homemade and have fruit in them! And banana is always popular with the kids. It was kind of a win-win. They are easy to make too, so maybe a triple win!
makes 12 cupcakes
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
4 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup cooking oil (vegetable, canola etc.)
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Put a paper liner in each of 12 wells in a cupcake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, banana, oil and egg.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop evenly into each paper lined cupcake well (an ice cream scoop works well for this)
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick tests mostly clean. Cool on a wire rack.