For big parties, I tend to like to plan the whole menu. Now that the weather has warmed up though, we are much more likely to throw out a last minute invite. Then it is fun to throw some meat on the grill and invite our guests to each bring a side. I enjoy seeing what people think to bring and it takes a lot of the pressure off. Another great bonus is picky eaters have the chance to bring something they know they will like.
Of course we love getting invited to pot lucks too! My brain automatically goes to cookies. They are perfect for so many reasons. First... they are cookies! I mean, really. That should be enough. Second, they are good at any temperature. No worries about keeping something hot or cold. Woohoo, that's a load off, right? Thirdly, they are so easy to grab on the go between games of bags and washers. I'm sure I could keep going, but I think I've already made my case! ;-)
I was in the mood for some big peanut buttery cookies. I wanted them to be FULL of peanut butter. So I made peanut butter dough, but that wasn't enough. I needed more! So I stirred in some peanut butter chips. But there needed to be more! Some Mini-Reese's Pieces filled the void. Then I scooped out big rounded balls of dough and made perfectly large cookies. I made a few regular sized ones too, in case we had people who couldn't commit to a big one.
I whipped up a triple batch. I served some at Jax's birthday party and froze the rest to share with my coworkers. Some people at the party did try to use portion control and picked a small cookie, I think every single one of them went back for a second cookie. I brought a gallon bag packed full of cookies to work and I think they were gone in hours! So, I would say they were a hit. They would be a perfect item to bring to your next potluck!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 4-5 dozen cookies or about 2 dozen very large cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup mini Reese's Pieces (found in the baking aisle)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and add to peanut butter mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- Add peanut butter chips and candies and stir until evenly distributed.
- Scoop onto baking sheet, leaving plenty of room for spreading. (At least a couple of inches on all sides for large cookies, a little less for smaller cookies.) Bake 3T cookies for 15 minutes or 1 T cookies for 10.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container if you don't sit down and eat them all right off the bat!
Now let's see what everyone is bringing to the potluck!
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement