Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw are headed home. It's smart really, they are leaving right before we get temperatures in the 90s. For those of you who aren't familiar with our particular brand of heat in central Illinois, that is 90 some odd degrees with about a million percent humidity. We'll need machetes to cut through it. But such is life around here. We have the joy of biting cold in the winter and sweltering heat during the summer with about a day of spring and fall in between. I really do love it here for the most part, but a good solid month of high sixties and low seventies a couple of times a year would be nice!
Sourdough Banana Bread Muffins
makes 18 muffins
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
4 overripe bananas, mashed
1 cup sourdough starter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease muffin tins.
- Stir together sugar, egg, bananas and sourdough starter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredient. Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just mixed.
- Stir in coconut oil and vanilla.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 12-18 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Remove from muffin tins and cool on a wire rack.