We get the kind of humidity here where you feel like you have to squeegee your face just because you walked outside. Then there is the havoc it can play on your hair, but that is a story for a different day. The good news is heat and humidity are made much more tolerable with some cool drinks.
Am I right? Of course I am!
The best part about these is they take next to no effort. That is my kind of summer recipe. There is hardly anything to it at all. A few quick ingredients and a minute or two in the blender and Voila! you have a nice summer treat. I used our Magic Bullet, which made it extra easy. These cold and fruity drinks are perfect for sipping on while grilling, or even better with your toes in the water.
This recipe is also super customizable. I used a nice fruity moscato and frozen blueberries and peaches. You can use whatever white wine you have on hand (even that bottle you have been avoiding because it isn't your favorite, it will probably work here!) If your fruit isn't really ripe and sweet or your wine is on the dry side, you way want to add just a bit of sugar before you blend it up. I feel like frozen drinks should be on the sweeter side, but ours didn't need the extra boost of sugar. Our sweet mint is going gang busters right now, so I garnished with a bit of that. A nice slice of peach would also make a fun garnish.
How are you guys beating the summer heat? And even more importantly, what are your favorite uses for peaches? Our Sunday Supper crew is sharing a ton of delicious peach recipes today, hosted by Sue of A Palatable Pastime. So be sure to scroll down below the recipe for these slushies and check some out!
Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies
makes 2 drinks
1 cup frozen peaches
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 1/4 cup fruity white wine, like a moscato
optional: 1-2 tsp sugar
- In a blender, mix together 1 cup frozen peaches and 3/4 cup of wine. Add up to a tsp of sugar if your fruit isn't especially ripe or your wine is dry. Blend until mixed and smooth. Set aside.
- Blend together the blueberries, the remaining 1/2 cup of wine and sugar if using.
- Layer blueberry slushie and peach slushy in glasses and enjoy immediately.
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement