By now it's no surprise that sourdough muffins are my jam. Bertha (my sourdough starter) and I love to make muffins together. We do a pretty darn good job too, if I do say so myself. She just loves to get a taste of a bit of sugar and I love having a quick and easy breakfast waiting for Jax. We have two or three kinds of muffins in the freezer at any given time. So he just picks one, we warm it up and breakfast is ready.
With some muffin recipes, having them regularly might not be such a good idea. But most of my muffins use oatmeal, whole wheat flour, sourdough starter, yogurt and as little sugar as I can get away with but still have them taste like the delicious muffin you expect. This muffin recipe takes it even one step further. These are muffins that you can feel pretty darn good about and still feel like you are giving yourself a treat. Go ahead and try one. Heck, enjoy it!
Healthy Banana Sourdough Muffins
makes 15 muffins
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sourdough starter
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix sugar, sourdough starter, oatmeal, milk and raisins. Let sit while you gather up the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and grease the wells for 15 muffins.
- Stir the egg, applesauce, and bananas into the sourdough mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Scoop into muffin tins (I like using my large cookie scoop for that) then bake for 20-25 minutes or until completely set.
Now that we have our muffins ready, it's time to win some coffee!
There are some daily entry options below, so make sure to come back to have more chances to win!
Prize: $100 Starbucks Gift Card
Co-hosts: Coupons and Freebies Mom // Jenns Blah Blah Blog // Pretty Thrifty // A Better Me // The Mommyhood Mentor® // Taffeta & Tulips // Top Free Mmorpg 2017 // Cooking With Carlee // Dorky's Deals // Parenting Healthy
Giveaway organized by: Oh My Gosh Beck!
Rules: Use the Rafflecopter form to enter daily. Giveaway ends 8/22 and is open worldwide. Winner will be notified via email.
Are you a blogger who wants to participate in giveaways like these to grow your blog? Click here to find out how you can join a totally awesome group of bloggers!
a Rafflecopter giveaway