I served these delicious little shrimp as an entree for dinner. They would also make a fun appetizer. They can be served warm like we had them, or chill them for a deliciously flavorful shrimp cocktail. With just a few minutes in the "marinade" the shrimp take on just a bit of lemony flavor and the salt and pepper have a chance to work their way in a bit too. Then about 6 minutes in the oven and you are ready to eat. If you want them cold for a party, make them the morning ahead or even a day ahead and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Have a few lemon wedges and some cocktail sauce on hand and you are ready to go!
That's right, you are only 5 ingredients and about 6 minutes away from the most delicious shrimp you've had!
I think it will be a while before we even try another way to make shrimp for the 3 of us, we liked it that much. We have one of our annual shrimp boils coming up, so the freezer is stocked. I hope they make it until the party. Otherwise we'll have to buy another case!
Simple Roasted Shrimp
serves 4-6 as an entree, 12-16 as an appetizer
2 lbs shrimp, deveined
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 T lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F and spray two rimmed baking sheet pans.
- Toss the shrimp in olive oil, lemon juice and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Spread shrimp over prepared pans.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes or until pink. Be careful not to overcook them.
- Serve warm or place in the refrigerator to serve as cold shrimp cocktail.