Whether I'm ready or not, the time is here. So I need to pull out all of the stops to get my head in the game. My fantasy team and my pick'em stats depend on it! If I wait until November to care, it will be far too late. There is pride on the line here folks and I have a competitive streak a mile wide (it's genetic, my whole family has it, there's nothing we can do about it!) So it's time to turn on the T.V. make some football food and get this done!
Football snacks are some of my favorites. Whether it is Jess's Tailgate Queso, or Buffalo Chicken Nachos, I am there. Wings? yep! Chili? don't mind if I do! I love just making a bunch of food, inviting friends and family over and grazing all day. And of course there is plenty of smack talk to go around. After all, that is the whole point. Isn't it? Maybe that's just me too. (I told you, mile wide... and sarcastic to boot!)
|My little helper was extra involved in this photo shoot.|
He even wanted his picture taken, which is rare!
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Creme
8 oz cream cheese, softenened
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup shredded cheese (I used co-jack, but jack, cheddar or bleu would all be good)
12 6 inch flour tortillas
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup plain light yogurt (or use all sour cream if your prefer)
1 packed cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
2 T fresh chives, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
- To make the creme: Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until mostly smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made up to a couple of days ahead.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. I line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray the foil to make cleanup easy, but you can just spray the pan if you prefer.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, chicken, hot sauce, green onions and cheese.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for a few seconds to make them nice and pliable.
- Put a couple of Tablespoons of filling down the center of a tortilla and roll the tortilla tightly around the filling.
- Place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.
- Lightly spray the tortillas with cooking spray or an oil mister.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly golden brown and crisp.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve with cilantro creme.
I love grazing my way through a football game. So I can't wait to see what all of the other Sunday Supper tastemakers are making for the game. What is your favorite football food?
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books 'n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline's Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica's Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket's Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Shared at Meal Plan Monday