Mother Nature sees our frustration and gives us those first few cooler day. A sign that fall is coming and it is time to break out the soup pots, casserole dishes and of course the PUMPKIN! Woohoo! For as long as I can remember, my mom made pumpkin bread with chocolate chips. It has always been a favorite in our family. It is like a taste of childhood and a harbinger of fall all in one bite.
Of course it doesn't have to be fall in order to enjoy a slice. A nice slice would be good any time of year. Luckily this recipe makes 2 loaves. With a family as big as ours, we never had an issue eating both loaves in no time at all. But not every family has 8 hungry mouths hanging around. So you can keep one and give the other away. You can also freeze a loaf for eating later if you'd rather.
Family Favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
makes 2 loaves
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 cups sugar
15 oz can pumpkin
1 1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray 2 loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices until they are well mixed and any lumps are gone.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir in dry ingredients until just incorporated, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among the two prepared pans and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn out of the pan. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Mug Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Family Favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread from Cooking With Carlee.
No-Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream from Love and Confections.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Raisin Bread from The Redhead Baker.Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Donuts from Palatable Pastime.
Pumpkin Empanadas from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pumpkin Magic Bars from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Seed Brittle from Gluten Free Crumbley.
Sopa de Abobora from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.