These melting moments are a breeze to make. They are a lot like the classic snowball cookies, but without the pecans. You can certainly roll them in powdered sugar if you like, or they are great with a simple powdered sugar glaze and a few sprinkles. You don't have to do anything too fancy to make them stand out. Let their buttery melt in your mouth texture do all of the talking.
My little guy LOVED these cookies. He kept picking out his favorites and setting them aside for later. Needless to say none of them hit our trays for sharing. I may have to make another couple of batches when he is napping sometime if we want to have some left to share!
makes about 3 dozen
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup corn starch
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup powdered sugar, 2(ish!) Tablespoons milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together corn starch, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into 1" balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for about 12 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, mix together ingredients adjusting with more milk or powdered sugar as necessary to make a thick glaze. Spoon over cookies and top with sprinkles if desired.
Welcome to the 12 Days of Cookies, hosted by Family Around the Table and Cooking With Carlee. We will be filling the season with all kinds of delicious cookies. Be sure to check out some of the recipes below or you can follow along on Facebook or Twitter by searching #ChristmasCookies. We also have a 12 Days of Cookies Pinterest board where you can see all of the goodness! May your holidays be sweet!
12 Days of Cookies Day 8
Almond Butter Cookies from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Eggnog Hugs from Making the Most of Naptime
Hungarian Poppyseed Pinwheel Cookies from Palatable Pastime
Kourambiedes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Melting Moments from Cooking With Carlee
Muddy Snowballs from Family Around the Table
Raspberry Coconut Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal