I have had my mind set on making chicken glazed with my Peach Habanero Jelly for quite some time now. I love the sweet heat combo that the jelly brings. It is perfect spread over cream cheese and crackers. In fact it is always one of my favorites! But, I just knew there had to be other ways to use it!
I thought about doing peach habanero drumsticks on the grill this fall, but we never got around to it. With the playoffs in full swing, my mind has turned to football. It is time for the best games of the year and so much fun, especially while my team is still in it. (Go Steelers!)
With football comes wings! They're a match made in finger lickin' heaven! I don't fry at home, so I baked the chicken wings at a high temperature to get the skin crispy. It's my favorite way to do wings at home. Then I brushed them with a sauce made mainly from the peach habanero jelly. I baked them a bit more to get it good and sticky. One more coat of sauce and the wings were ready to be devoured.
Matt loves wings, but to tell you the truth I wasn't sure how he'd take to these. He doesn't usually like the sweeter sauces. There must have been enough spice to counteract it, because he went crazy on them. He was very complimentary, which is always nice. I knew he really like them the next day though when I caught him bragging on them to my mom. I definitely have a winner on my hands here!
Peach Habanero Wings
3 pounds chicken wings
3 T corn starch
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup peach habanero jelly
1 T soy sauce
1-3 tsp sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Dry the wings as much as possible, pat them with paper towels if necessary.
- Stir together the corn starch, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss wings in spiced corn starch.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheets, being sure to leave plenty of room between each piece.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes. Flip the pieces and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over low heat melt the peach habanero jelly, soy sauce and sriracha together and warm until it begins to bubble.
- Brush sauce over the top of the wings and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Flip and brush the other side with the sauce and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Brush with remaining sauce and serve.