These would make a hearty finger food for a party, or you could serve them with a side for dinner like we did. I threw together some fajita style quinoa, slice an avocado and got out our salsa and sour cream for dipping. We were all quite happy with the results!
Laura's Chicken Taquitos
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup salsa (I used salsa verde, but use your favorite)
1 T lime juice
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 T garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
3 T chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup shredded cheese - I used colby jack
12 6-inch flour tortillas
Sour cream and salsa for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Mix together all the ingredients but the tortillas until thoroughly combined
- Make sure your tortillas are nice and soft. If they aren't, warm them in the microwave for about 20 seconds to make them pliable.
- Spoon about 3 T of filling down the center of a tortilla. Roll it tightly and place in seam side down on a parchment lined (or sprayed) cookie sheet.
- Repeat until tortillas and chicken mixture are gone.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they start to crisp and brown.