These cookies are great for rolling and cutting. If you want a strong cinnamon flavor, you will want to add more. I just wanted enough to warm up the flavor slightly. I think it is the perfect twist but won't upset sugar cookie purists.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- In a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and flavoring mix until completely incorporated
- Mix in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until just combined.
- Form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours or over night.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Place half the dough onto a floured surface and roll to 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 6-8 minutes
- Cool on sheet for a couple of minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
- Allow to completely cool before you decorate